Importing and Exporting Contacts
Importing your contact list can be completed by importing a .CSV, .XLS, or .XLSX file from your computer.
To watch the video tutorial on importing and exporting. Click here.
To import your existing Contacts:
- On the main navigation bar click on People Module>Contacts > View Contacts. You can also access this from the side dashboard if you have previously added the item.
2. Click on the drop down arrow on the Add Contact button in the upper right corner.
3. Select the Import/Export option from the drop down.
4. From here you can import contacts directly from your computer, by choosing your desired file. Then clicking the Import CSV or Excel File button. NOTE: Ensure that the excel or CSV file only contains one worksheet in the file.
5. You will be redirected to a new screen. Here you will select the matching column heading with the drop down menu in SWELL with the matching column heading of your imported file (scroll to the right for more columns).
6. Click Save after each column heading is selected. If you have a column that you do not want to include into SWELL, click Skip.
6. Click Import Contacts after you have selected column headings.
7. Your contacts have then been imported! Depending on the size, it might take a few minutes to update.
6. (Recommended) Always save a backup of your documents on your computer!
To Export Contacts from SWELL:
- To Export your contacts list to an Excel file or a CSV file, click on the green desired file path.