Importing and Exporting Clients
Clients are the foundation of this system. You will need to add clients to the application before you can do things such as creating projects, tasks, invoices, etc.
To prepare your .CSV or .XLSX for importing download this template.
To watch the video tutorial on importing and exporting. Click here.
To import your existing client list:
- On the main navigation bar click on People module: Clients > View or new Clients.
2. Click on the drop down arrow on the Add Client button in the upper right corner.
3. Select the Import/export option from the drop down.
4. From here you can import clients directly from an .xlsx or as a .CSV document from your computer. NOTE: Ensure that the excel or CSV file only contains one worksheet in the file.
5. Select the matching column heading with the drop down menu in SWELL with the matching column heading of your imported file. Then click Save. If you have a column that you do not want to include into SWELL, click Skip.
6. (Recommended) Always save a backup of your documents on your computer!
To Export documents from SWELL:
- To Export your client list to an Excel file or a CSV file, click on the green desired file path.